“After a long private beta, the StyleTap platform is now available for Symbian powered S60 devices. StyleTap allows users to run many of the tens of thousands of Palm OS applications on current Nokia and Symbian powered phones. The Symbian version supports all Nokia smartphones running S60 3rd Edition, Sony-Ericsson devices running UIQ 3.0, and the new Nokia touch UI devices running S60 5th Edition. It includes support for hardware features such as screen rotation and the optical joystick on the Samsung i8510 smartphone, and introduces a new screen rendering capability that significantly improves the readability of the screen on QVGA (240×320) devices. “With this support for Symbian devices, StyleTap-compatible applications now run on millions more mobile devices than applications for any other mobile platform,” said Gregory Sokoloff, president of StyleTap, “which gives mobile device users more flexibility in their hardware choices, and offers mobile application developers the largest potential market for their applications with no additional development work required.” StyleTap Platform for Symbian OS is the newest member of the StyleTap Platform family, which includes StyleTap Platform for Windows Mobile. The preview edition is a public extension of the beta testing process undertaken for StyleTap Platform for Symbian OS over the last year. Interested users and developers can download a free 14-day trial, and can purchase StyleTap Platform for Symbian OS at the preview price of US$49.95. ” via palminfocenter.com
“For those European users that have the HTC Touch Diamond, there is ROM update available on HTC’s European site for you to download. We can only hope that other areas of the world will soon have an upgrade available for them as well.
Improved Functions and Fixes
1. When you launch the Camera while the system is working on other programs, the preview screen may become black.
2. When playing a video, sometimes a portion of the video will be cut off a little bit.
3. Fixes Audio playback problem with the speaker. Specific issues: sometimes the music will turn off and on after 10 minutes, or there is a buzzing sound or no sound at all.
4. Fixes the problem of not being able to receive MMS when in standby mode.
5. When launching music via the Music tab on TouchFLO 3D, the sound may intermittently turn off for a second and come back on.” Check it here: via mobilitysite.com