“Openmoko has announced an agreement with Canada-based Koolu to distribute the Freerunner Open Source mobile phone in all of the Americas, UK and EU with plans to expand globally through local partners.
Koolu, known for its innovations in easy-to-use services such as Google Apps and Skype, will distribute the Openmoko Neo FreeRunner phone first to developers, and later to consumers as Google Apps go mobile. Koolu has created a program unique in the industry by offering free Neo FreeRunner phones in a referral program for Google Apps world-wide.
Commenting on the announcement, Koolu’s president Jim Despathy said: “Koolu will surround the phone with services and applications to lower the entry point to Internet and telephony access. The phone will reach new markets that are presently not being addressed by traditional phones and phone companies but at the same time bring these phone companies clients they previously could not reach.”As we already know, the Openmoko Neo Freerunner is available for $399 directly from its webshop at Openmoko.com and via distributors in the Americas, Europe and India. The company will announce availability in other regions during LinuxWorld Expo which takes place in San Francisco from August 5th to 7th.” via intomobile.com
“A new software tune up for the Sprint Centro gives your smartphone several new features and shortcuts. One highlight is support for the My Location feature in Google Mobile Maps. My Location approximates your location so when you’re getting directions, you only need to select “My Location” rather than input your address. This makes it even easier to find nearby restaurants or businesses, check local traffic, or find the best route to your next destination.
The Sprint Palm Centro software update 1.07 offers the following performance enhancements:
- Improved Gmail IMAP compatibility and an updated setup wizard with the new Gmail settings
- Updated compatibility for Google Mobile Maps My Location feature to approximate your current location great for directions, finding nearby restaurants or business, or checking local traffic.
- Improved ongoing delivery of email sent to VersaMail accounts using Microsoft’s Direct Push Technology via Exchange ActiveSync
- Bluetooth usability enhancements and updates
- Sprint TV performance enhancements
- Enhanced AOL Instant Messenger performance
- Improved performance when adding a contact using Mobile Voice Control
- Improved email attachment handling
- Changed default camera shutter sound to ON. Audible shutter click will be heard when taking photos
- Allows Preferred Roaming List updates over the air” Check it here: