The highly anticipated Nokia N97, Nokia’s flagship mobile computer, will begin selling in June in more than 75 countries. Along with a tilting 3.5″ touch display, QWERTY keyboard and a fully customizable home screen, the Nokia N97 will offer instant access to the full range of Ovi services.”The Nokia N97 is an important step towards our vision of delivering a highly personalized Internet experience,” said Jonas Geust, Vice President and head of Nokia Nseries. “Fuelled by a multitude of music, maps, games, media and applications via Ovi, the Nokia N97 transforms the Internet into an experience that’s completely tailored to the tastes and interests of its owner.”The Nokia N97 is Nokia’s first device to feature a personalizable home screen, which can be customized with a range of widgets which bring live information directly to the device. These widgets include key social networking destinations like Facebook and Hi5, news services like the Associated Press, Bloomberg and Reuters, as well as shopping and weather information. The Nokia N97 is the first device to ship with the Ovi Store, which offers easy access to applications, games, videos, podcasts, productivity tools, web and location-based services, and much more. Ovi Store has paid and free content from a range of global and local content providers and developers, including Paramount Pictures, Facebook and Qik, as well as a selection of Twitter applications.
Enjoy your upgrades
The beauty of this Nokia device is that taking it out of the box is just the beginning. As with any computer, people can constantly improve and refresh their Nokia N97 with new features, functions and fixes so they can do even more with the device. An exciting roadmap of new features and functions is planned to roll out in the second half of 2009.
The Nokia N97 also has direct access to the huge catalogue of music in the Nokia Music Store. With multiple high-speed connectivity options and 32GB of storage (up to 48GB using a microSD card) it is possible to directly download and store tens of thousands of songs on the handset. And you can listen to your favourite music on the Nokia Bluetooth Stereo Headset BH-905, which Nokia also launched today. This headset brings crystal clear sound, eliminates background noise, and is the ideal accessory for listening to music and making calls on the Nokia N97, as well as being compatible with a diverse range of other mobile and music devices.
High-quality images and video clips at 30 frames per second (fps) can be captured using the 5 megapixel camera with integrated Carl Zeiss optics. Images can also be geo-tagged to specific locations and shared instantly with friends or uploaded online via Ovi Share, Twitter or Flickr.
- Network: WCDMA 900/1900/2100 (HSDPA), EGSM 850/900/1800/1900 MHz
- User Interface:S60 5th Edition
- Dimensions:117.2 x 55.3 x 15.9 mm (L x W x H) *18.25 mm at camera area
- Weight:Approx. 150 g
- Display:3.5 inch TFT with up to 16 million colors (640×360 pixels)
- Battery: Nokia Battery BP-4L, 1500 mAh
- 32 GB on-board memory
- microSD memory card slot
- Video playback:MPEG-4 / SP and MPEG-4 AVC/H.264, up to 30 fps, up to VGA resolution
- RealVideo up to QCIF @ 30 fps
- Windows Media (WMV9) up to CIF @ 30 fps
- Flash Lite 3.0 / Flash Video in internet browser
- Music playback: MP3, AAC, eAAC, eAAC+, WMA
- 5 megapixels camera (2584 x 1938 max)
- Video capture: MPEG-4 VGA (640 x 480) at up to 30 fps
- Flash: Dual LED camera flash and video light
- Talk time:Up to 320 min (3G), 400 min (GSM)
- Standby time:Up to 400 hrs (3G), 430 hrs (GSM)
- Video playback:Up to 4,5 hours (offline mode)
- Music playback:Up to 37 hours (offline mode)
- WLAN IEEE 802.11b/g with UPnP support
- Micro-USB connector
- 3.5mm stereo headphone plug and TV-out support (PAL/NTSC)
- Bluetooth wireless technology 2.0 with A2DP stereo audio, enhanced data rates (EDR)
- GPS receiver with support for assisted GPS (A-GPS)