“Sony Ericsson’s current flagship handset, Sario, is to receive a software update in the near future, and not before time too. The handset has been dogged by reports of faulty software since shortly after it launched late last year. The news was announced on the Sony Ericsson Product Launch Blog and they surmised the main points of the update:
- Support for WVGA video recording – The already great video recording will be enhanced to fit the wide screen format and hence resolution is also slightly increased to 864 * 480 pixles. (the preset size will still be VGA, user has to change to get WVGA)
- Upload of pictures to Facebook – It will be possible to upload pictures directly from the picture menu you have on the home screen or from the Media UI.
- Youtube video uploading – It will be possible to upload videos to Youtube directly from the Media UI.
- Conversational messaging – “Conversations” will be nicely integrated in the messaging menu in order to easily find and inspire to more conversations with your friends.
- DLNA support – The new software will support DLNA media server for easy transfer of audio and still pictures. (Note that video is not supported)
- UI improvements – On top of above, several minor UI improvements have been done in order to optimize the user experience.
- The Facebook application that is now available on PlayNow for free download will be included in the sw.
All in all it looks like a pretty decent update and hopefully here will also be stability issues addressed to to rectify some of the crashing and hanging that some users have reported over the months. Sony Ericsson are saying that this update should be available within a matter of weeks, but that local networks may need to give final approval in some regions so timescale may vary. The update itself will be avilable through the update client, check out www.sonyericsson.com/update for more details.” via .mobile-review.com