“The first outright firmware update (version 13.016) , also known as PR 1.1, is now available for the Nokia N8, too (the previous firmware was 11.012). The update, which is 7MB in size, is available OTA (over the air) and can be downloaded using the ‘SW update’ application. Updates include updates to Web and Quickoffice (gains editing facilities as standard), plus upgrades and patches for email and Music player and fixes for a lot of miscellaneous issues. There’s also support for landscape mode in the dialler (call) application. Full changelog below. PR 1.1 is a relatively minor firmware updates in terms of new user interface features (the big 2.0 is the one with the new browser, overlaid keyboards and portrait qwerty option), but this does offer a significant functionality and performance top-up.
- Web updated to 184.108.40.206
- Quickoffice updated to 6.4.166, editing functions now enabled on the N8 (i.e. don’t have to pay to upgrade), improved zooming functions
- Adobe Reader updated to 2.5.653
- Big update to Nokia Email; performance improved; ‘unread emails’ flag added to homescreen widget; meeting requests can be accepted directly from email invitations; maps integration, which means people can view the meeting location on the map when the address is mentioned in the location field in the invite
- General performance improvements
- Dialler now works in landscape mode
- Previous performance updates are rolled in and, in the full (Ovi Suite-installed, >100MB) image, there’s the facility to provide a better working starting point than hard resetting a PR 1.0 device” via allaboutsymbian.com